Canada is a global leader in providing educational and immigration opportunities to international students. Studying in Canada is an exciting and rewarding experience for many international students. A study visa or study permit is a legal document which authorizes an international student to study in Canada for a limited time. Barring certain exceptions, most international students need this document to study. Furthermore, IELTS band is a requirement of most of Canadian colleges as well as Visa officers.
Get your offer letter today at any of these Institutions
And many more...
Above all; not all designated learning institutions make you eligible for the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program.
A Proud Member
Study Permit Applications
To be eligible for Study Permit:
IRCC grants study visa on various factors ; to make sure you are eligible here are key points to note:
- Secure acceptance letter from designated Canadian Institution.
- Criminal background check. Obtain Police clearance certificate
- Clear your medical examination.
- Statement of purpose (SOP) to make sure you can convince Visa officer about your purpose of studies.
- You should have the tuition fee plus $10,000 for a single student for a 12 month period in your bank account. $14,000 if you are accompanied by one family member and add $3,000 for each additional family member when showing proof of funds.
With a valid Study Permit, an individual:
- May study for more than six months in Canada.
- Is allowed to work on campus for up to 20 hours a week without having to apply for a work permit.
- The 1st-year fee of the university/college has to be paid in advance and also it is refundable with a nominal deduction in case of non-issuance of visa.
- Can work part-time (20 hours a week) outside the campus for any employer and full-time (37.5 hours) during your semester breaks, as a full-time international student. An open work permit is hence required to work off campus.
- Can apply for the renewal of their Study Visa from within Canada therefore allowing them to continue their study in Canada.
- May apply for an open work permit in Canada for their dependent spouse.
Studying in Canada also paves the way for international students to achieve Permanent Residency. After completing studies in Canada as a result students can become eligible for a number of immigration pathways, including post-graduation work permits, provincial nominee programs, even fast-tracked permanent resident status. At VisaPrime, we can help you transition your temporary status into a permanent one if you let us assist you in identifying your options and proceed with the necessary guidance.
VISAPRIME IELTS Coaching Centre
Our IELTS classes are specially designed to optimize your test potential for the four skills assessed in the IELTS exam: speaking, listening, reading and writing.Let us help you reach the band score you desire for Study Visa or Work Visa or your Immigration file. Take advantage of our Key Features:
- Free Demo Classes
- Small Batches
- Individual attention
- Regular Mock Tests
- Result Oriented Classes
- Superior guidance from training to the test
- Latest practice material
- Personality Development
- Flexible Batch Timings
- Communication Skills